The Elcon processing solution is based on patented, ambient pressure thermal oxidation which treats high-strength COD waste. The embedded energy in the waste is sourced (organic matter), and is able to create efficient processes at competitive prices.
Four process steps are summarized:
- Chemical-physical pre-treatment.
- Steam stripping followed by thermal oxidation of the gas phase.
- Vapor compression distillation.
- Sludge mineralization.
- Distilled water for re-use.
- Chemically and physically stabilized and inert sludge for disposal at proper sites.
- Mineral salts for re-use.